Map the travel patterns of many people to a single destination. Suggested uses:
- professional conferences and conventions
- family reunions
- athletic tournaments
This framework was originally used plot the cross-country travel of 50 relatives to a family reunion. It can be readily applied to professional gatherings – as seen here with speakers attending the 2015 JSGeo conference.
Powered by D3.js and inspired by Mike Bostock's demonstration
of D3's route mapping possibilities.
- generated with yo angular generator
- employs moveToFront function to expose buried circles on hover.
- modified my favorite tooltip helper to position tooltips on circle even if other elements are clicked.
- fix styling of all viz and map elements to transition properly on zoom and on reset (currently using clumsy one-off fixes)
- fix tooltip position to transition with zoom
- arc and circle viz elements sometimes overlay side-menu text elements because of the nested structure of groups. Z-index does not work for SVG elements, so how can this be fixed?